Lapis News is my first iOS application my first experience with Swift. During the Covid-19 quarantine, I started to pick up new hobbies, including learning Swift. After learning some basics, I decided it was time to create my first app! I brainstormed with family and friends, and eventually decided on Lapis News. During this pandemic, it seems like every news article is negative. It was always about an increase in Covid-19 cases, racism in America, or some other depressing article. Now that I knew I wanted to make an app with only positive news, I watched tons of Youtube tutorials on working with APIs, parsing JSON, creating layouts with SwiftUI, and more. Eventually, after countless attempts at designing, debugging, and tweaking for App Store Guidlines, I finally ended up with Lapis News!
Are you tired of feeling upset after reading the news? Welcome to Lapis News—an app for only POSITIVE news. Our goal is to provide you with the uplifting news that will make you smile each time you check the app!
Lapis News was designed with the purpose of bringing positivity to people's lives. Although it may not seem like it, the world is making several small wins everyday, and although it doesn't make the headlines, it may just bring a smile to your face. There are beatiful stories we never hear about happening every day, and Lapis News aims to bring them to light. If you do end up downloading it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!Check out Lapis News on the App Store today!
- The basics of Swift(SwiftUI and UIKit) as well as how to use XCode
- How to work with APIs and Parse JSON
- How to use Illustrator and Figma for graphics and logos
- Basics of marketing and outreach
- Publishing and App to the App Store with App Store Connect
- Lapis News has a user base spanning several countries
- Featured in the top 25 on Product Hunt for October 26th
- Five Star rating on the App Store